I am a former College RhetComp instructor and an aspiring twister of folk- and fairy-tales. More…
- 90stalgia adaptations author focus board books book blogging bookish cooking challenges Classic Juv/YA fantasy comics family fantasy favorites festivals folklore/fairy tales graphic-novels Halloween historical horror humor LGBTQIA literacy literary travel Lithuania magical realism mermaids meta movies music news nonfiction nostalgic Ocean Girl radar October Daye opinion out-of-the-books experience Picture Book Parade picture books poetry re-reads romantic satire Scholarly Musings school reads selkies short stories spooky summer of superheroes Uncategorized writing year-end review
Top Posts & Pages
- The greatest Independence Day party ever
- Salt inside the words: Helen Frost on writing for children
- "Stink bugs are temporary. Love is forever."
- "Spring has come again already" - Lithuanian poetry through the ages
- Ghastly stories for the biggest scare-seekers
- Ten years under hill, over dale, beneath the waves, on faery trails...
- About Me
- "It is the tide that pulls the seconds through my blood. It is the tide that threads the minutes through my bones."
- The Emoticon Generation
- Picture Book Parade: Spooky Cinderellas and Grimm boogie nights
Consult the Oracle
Other Blogs and Such…
. . . . .
ON FAIRY TALES
Folktexts, ed./trans. D. L. Ashliman
Tess Talks Fairy Tales
. . . . .
Category Archives: festivals
Alakazam, Postcardians! #notsorry, but I did suggest in my previous post (now private) that “Goodbye for Now” might turn into “Merely a Hiatus,” and/or that I might take a break from Other Big Projects to sneak in a post or … Continue reading
And by Independence Day, I mean the Lithuanian one, of course. The ultimate expression of Lithuania’s year-long 100th anniversary celebration happened the first week of July in Vilnius, and hardcore LT fan that I am, I was there to see … Continue reading